We strongly suggest using the public transport for travel around the city, especially the center. Park and Ride (P+R) parking lots are set up to help with this. They are situated close to large public transport stops and allow for easy transfer from vehicle into a bus, tram or metro.
P+R parking lots are opened daily from 4 AM until 1 AM (until the end of metro service). The parking lots close after metro service ends. Drivers will pay CZK 100 for cars that are not picked up, plus the daily parking fee for the previous and following day (i.e., CZK 140 in total).
Daily parking fee at P+R car parks connected to the Prague Integrated Transport system is 20CZK (applicable to the day the service was provided until the car park closes).
Parking zones in city center
In Prague, parking is regulated by PAID PARKING ZONES (PPZ) in order to protect residents living in parts of town with a lot of traffic and to motivate visitors to avoid these parts of town and park in said zones only for period of time they really need.
- Blue zone marked with a blue line (vertical and horizontal signs) is designated for residents
- Purple zone marked with a discontinuous white line and a traffic sign with a purple stripe is meant for so called mixed parking – it is suitable for residents and visitors as well
- Orange zone marked with a discontinuous white line and a traffic sign with an orange stripe is designated for so called short time parking. All users may park on the orange zone for a maximum of 3 hours and only after paying via the virtual parking clock web app or using the parking ticket machine. The city of Prague is divided into three price sectors, which determine the cost of parking. (Map of the price sectors) The pricelist is available for download.
For more information about parking withing the parking zones visit the following website http://www.parkujvklidu.cz/prague-parking/.
Public Parking Garages – selection
- Prague 1, Old Town, náměstí Jana Palacha
- Prague 1, Old Town, nám. Republiky 8 (Kotva department store)
- Prague 1, Old Town, Pařížská 30 (hotel InterContinental)
- Prague 1, New Town, Ostrovní (National Theatre)
- Prague 1, New Town, Opletalova 9 (near Wenceslas sq.)
- Prague 1, New Town, Wilsonova (main railway station Hlavní nádraží)
- Prague 1, New Town, nám. Republiky 1 (Palladium shopping mall)
- Prague 1, New Town, Václavská 18
- Prague 1, New Town, Wilsonova 77 (garage Slovan)
- Prague 2, Vinohrady, Španělská 12 (near Wenceslas Square; prior reservation required)
- Prague 3, Žižkov, Strážní 16 (prior reservation required)
- Prague 2, Žižkov, Vinohradská 151 (Flora shopping mall)
- Prague 3, Žižkov,Táboritská 23 (hotel Olšanka)
- Prague 3, Žižkov, Vinohradská 157 (hotel Don Giovanni)
- Prague 4, Chodov, Roztylská 19 (Centrum Chodov)
- Prague 4, Nusle, Na Pankráci 86 (Arkády Pankrác)
- Prague 4, Nusle, 5. května 65 (Congress Centre)
- Prague 4, Michle, 5. května/Na Křivině (near expressway)
- Prague 5, Smíchov, Plzeňská 8-Kartouzská (Nový Smíchov shopping mall)
- Prague 5, Smíchov, Bozděchova (Zlatý Anděl)
- Prague 6, Dejvice, Studentská 2 (near Metro station Dejvická)
- Prague 6, Dejvice, Bechyňova 8 (prior reservation required)
- Prague 7. Letná, Milady Horákové/ U Sparty
Selected Watched Car Parks – selection (centre)
- Prague 1, Old Town, Alšovo nábřeží
- Prague 1, Old Town, Hradební
- Prague 1, New Town, nábř. Ludvíka Svobody
- Prague 1, New Town, Wilsonova (main railway station Hlavní nádraž
- Prague 1, Nex Town, Hybernská (U Bulhara)
- Prague 3, Žižkov, Jana Želivského 2200/2 (entrance at Jana Želivského st.), nonstop, WC available, close to tram 9, 10, 16, 19, 55, 56 station and bus 133 station
- Prague 5, Smíchov, Za Ženskými domovy
- Prague 7, Holešovice, Výstaviště
- Prague 7, Holešovice, Jankovcova/Plynární
Caravans are allowed only in campsites.
www.bezpecneparkovani.cz – map of public parking and garages – you can search, book and pay parking in Prague
https://www.mrparkit.com/en – you can search, book and pay parking in Prague
Coach Parkings – selection
- Prague 1 – Nové Město – Wilsonova Street (Main Railway Station – Hlavní nádraží)
On the right side in direction Brno.
Directly in the city centre – 600 m from Wenceslas Square.
Near metro station Hlavní nádraží (line C).
Old Town – 1 km on foot.
- Prague 1 – Nové Město – Na Florenci 25
At Florenc bus station, 350 m from the Masarykovo railway station.
Near metro station Florenc (line B and C).
Old Town – 1 km on foot.
- Prague 1 – Malá Strana, nábřeží E. Beneše (under the Čechův Bridge)
- Prague 1 – Hradčany, Dlabačov
on the right side in direction out of the city centre to Bělohorská Street
Best location for visiting Prague Castle, Loreto or Strahov, or for a walk to Petřín Hill
- Prague 3, Jana Želivského 2200/2 (entrance at Jana Želivského st., nonstop, WC available, close to tram 9, 10, 16, 19, 55, 56 station and bus 133 station
- Prague 4, Congress Centre
Parking at the convention and business centre (Kongresové centrum) near highway in Brno direction.
Near metro station Vyšehrad (line C). Best location for visting Vyšehrad.
- Prague 5 – Smíchov – Za Ženskými domovy
Entrance on the east side of the bus terminal Na Knížecí, before the junction with the road Radlická at metro station Anděl (line B).
From here is the Lesser Town easily accessible by tram.
- Prague 6 – Strahov, Vaníčkova
North of the Strahov stadium. Best location for visiting the Petřín Hill, the Prague Castle, Loreto…
- Prague 7, Vltavská
20 places, from 4/2016 100 places
parking of campers possible
very close to metro station Vltavská (line C) – walking distance 150 m, Old Town – 10 minutes by walk or metro or tram
direct access to the highway D 8 direction Dresden, Berlin
D 10 direction Liberec, Zitta, Jelenia Góra
D 11 direction Wroclav
advanced reservations: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prague 7 – Holešovice, Za Elektrárnou (Výstaviště)
- Prague 7 – Holešovice, nábř. Kpt. Jaroše
- Prague 7 – Letná – Milady Horákové
opposite the Sparta stadium, best location for visiting the National Technical Museum or the National Museum of Agriculture.
12 minutes to Prague Castle by tram (1 change).
- Prague 7 – Troja, – Povltavská Street
Best location for visiting the zoo or the Troja Castle, the botanical garden is about 20 minutes on foot from here.
Ou of the city centre.
- Prague 8 – Karlín (Prague 1 – Nové Město), Těšnov (near hotel Opera)
- Prague 8 – Karlín, hotel Hilton
along the hotel in direction Libe
near the Florenc bus station and the Masarykovo railway station
near metro station Florenc (line B and C)
Old Town – 1 km on foot.
open all day
Stops for Tourist Coaches – for 10 minutes at maximum (only for the tourists to get off and on the bus)
(number of stands in the brackets)
- Prague 1, Dlabačov (4)
- Prague 1, Jelení (8)
- Prague 1, Mariánské hradby (4)
- Prague 1, U Bruských kasáren (4)
- Prague 1, nábřeží E. Beneše (under Čechův most) (10)
- Prague 1, Wilsonova (main railway station Hlavní nádraží) (3)
- Prague 1, Keplerova (3)
- Prague 1, Vítězná (2)
- Prague 4, Congress Centre (3)
- Prague 5, Nábřežní (near steps to Jiráskův most) (3)
- Prague 2, Resslova