The Waldstein Riding School is located in the garden of the early Baroque palace constructed for Albrecht of Waldstein by Italian architects Andrea Spezza and Nicolo Sebregondi. During 2000, the Riding Hall underwent extensive reconstruction. Now, exhibition facilities of the National Gallery, open only for occassion of exhibitions.
Waldstein Garden is an early baroque garden of the strictly geometric desighn built concurrently with the Eallenstein Palace (1623-1629). The garden is dominated by an imposing sala terrena, worth of seeing are also an artifitial grotto with stalactites and stalagmites, a fountain with bronze statue of Venuse and gallery of bronze statues by Adrian de Vties – these are, however, only casting of the original ones which were taken away by the Swedish army at the end of the Thirty Years War. In the summer months concerts and theatre performances are given here.