The Spanish Synagogue (No. 141/12) – in Široká was built in place of the former Old School, the oldest Jewish sanctuary in Prague built in the middle Ages. After some changes it got its present form in the second half of the 19th century and was inspired by the Spanish palace Alhambra. In 1837 there took place the first reformed Jewish service. The organ player was František Škroup, author of the national anthem.