The White Mountain – one of the highest places in Prague (around 380 m), is named due to the mining of the arenaceous marl and the mines that allegedly “shined in the far”.
Next to the tram station there is situated the Church of the Virgin Mary the Victorious, that is opened to the public only during the celebrations and one hour before their beginning. After the fight at the White Mountain (1620) there was in 1624 built a small Chapel devoted to St Wenceslas, in 1704-1730 it was rebuilt as a baroque pilgrimage Church with the dome, side cloisters and corner Chapels devoted to St Vojtech and St John of Nepomuk. At the opposite side there grow up since 1628 the incomplete Convent, changed in the 17,h century into a restaurant. Via the Chyne lane, along the family houses and the country road we come to the dominating point – tumulus, built in 1920 by the Sokol district to the 300l h anniversary of the fight at White Mountain. Not far from the tumulus there are the rests of the Evangelic Cemetery, probably from 1784 that is also called Tolerant due to the edict of the Emperor Joseph II from 1781 that legalised also other confessions (from the tumulus we pass via the country road down to the street Pod mohylou, Zahradní street to the cemetery). The burials took here place for 160 years; the last one was here after the II WW. Since that time the cemetery dilapidated as long as to 2000 when the repairs started.