Built in 1475 by King Vladislav Jagiello in the gothic style on the site of a 13th century fortified tower. Once served as a gunpowder depot. In the late 19th century it was rebuilt in the neo-Gothic style. Permanent exhibition: Prague Towers Guided tours are organised by the Prague Information Service.
Across from the Powder Tower, at the náměstí Republiky, there is the famous top classicist Dům U Hybernů, the earlier the convent and then the Custom House. In the eastern part of the náměstí Republiky there was situated the Capuchin Monastery with the Church of St. Joseph abolished in 1860 and in its place was built the pseudo-Romanesque barracks. On the present there is the latest shopping centre in Prague Palladium, extraordinary due to its location – directly in the Prague centre and also due to the interesting architecture that connected the old and new buildings.