Lobkowicz Palace is located in the southwestern corner of the Prague Castle area in Jiřská street. It was built in the 16th century (1528-1560) as the Pernstein palace by a Czech nobleman Jaroslav of Pernstein.
For three hundred years the palace was always passed to the next ruling prince of the Lobkowicz family. In 1948 the palace was put under state control and it was returned to the Lobkowicz family in 2002. These days there is a museum of the Lobkowicz family.